To start off the new year, I thought it would be fun to do a little Q&A post. So I asked y'all on Instagram to leave me questions to answer.
- Does ULTA carry any organic/clean ingredient items? Honestly. Not really. Sephora has a better selection of clean-beauty products. Tate has a better then most ingredient list for some of their products. Oh, they have the Alba Organics sunscreen lotion. Oh, and if you self-tan St. Tropez is on the clean list. Who knows, perhaps they will get more organic/clean products this year since it is becoming a bigger thing.
- What is your favorite mascara [drugstore or high-end]? Hands down the Too Faced Better Than Sex is my all-time favorite. I also like to layer together the following for a cheaper alternative: L'Oreal Volumious Carbon Black Volume Building Mascara & Essence Get BIG Lashes Volume Boost Waterproof Mascara the two together great a similar effect that the Too Faced one gives.
- What is a good foundation/primers within a $30 price range that won't cause breakouts? Honestly. One of the best brands would be Tarte Cosmetics. There are some good drugstore options, but I'm not how good they would be helping with cutting down on the breakouts from your makeup. One of my favorite drugstore primers is the e.l.f Studio Mineral Face Primer in clear. Also, if you struggle with breakouts makeup sure you are taking proper care of your skin and are using the proper products for your skin needs.
- What are your best tips for balancing work and family? I work seven days a week, so any spare time I have I make sure that I make every moment count. When I do get a day off or two, I try to catch up on anything that needs to get done and explore central Indiana with my sisters and/or friends.
- How do you prioritize your time and find/make time to blog? I work half days on Monday's, Wednesday's, Friday's so I make an effort to make time to do a blog post and/or blog work. Like this year when it comes to blogging I'm making sure to publish a post EVERY Monday, and if I can I try to get one or more extra posts up each week. But I'm not going to stress about it, so long as I get a post up on Monday the rest of the week is an added bonus. What works for me, might not work for ya. Now eventually I have to add filming and editing YouTube videos into the mix.
- Best drinks at Starbucks to try? Iced Caramel Macchiato, Passion Tea Lemonade sweetened + a splash of Strawberry Puree, Peppermint White Mocha, Holiday Spiced Flat White, Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino sub White Mocha, Coffee Frappuccino + Toffee Nut Syrup + Whipped Cream.
- What are your favorite books? Some of my favorite books of all time are the following: Ben-Hur by Lew Wallace, The Railway Children by Edith Nesbit, Five Little Peppers series by Maragaret Sidney, The Dana Girls Series, The Tom Swift series, and The Help by Kathryn Stockett.
- What is your current favorite show on Netflix? FRIENDS even though I have watched it through at least seven times, if not more.
- What is your favorite BBC show? If I can only pick one show, I would have to go with Sherlock.
- What/who is your fashion inspiration? I'm trying to think if there is a person these days that inspires me fashion wise. I have more of a mood board on Pinterest that I keep all of the things that are inspiring me fashion wise here. Oh, I just remembered: Reese Witherspoon, Victoria Beckham, and Lindsey Kate [blogger].