I'm going to be sharing with y'all the beauty products I packed into my carry-on to NYC this past week. But I'm also going to mention what I didn't touch, and any regrets with my packing. If beauty isn't your thing, don't worry I have a bunch of New York themed posts coming soon.
First up, all of my liquids that are packed into my quart sized zip-locked bag.
- Jouer Matte Moisture Tint in Porcelain -- I was unsure at first what foundation/BB Cream I was going to pack. Especially since I didn't want to bring a glass bottle of foundation, and the BB Creams I had on hand were a little too tall for my zip-lock bag. So I packed this Jouer Matte Moisture Tint, which is a favorite just so expensive [I think it is $40]. It lays amazing on the skin, and looks like I have nothing on.
- Clinique Moisture Surge [Travel Size & Sample Foil] -- I was unsure on how much of this moisturizer was left in my travel-size, as it a everyday moisturizer for me during the winter months, that I threw the sample foil in my bag too. Turns out I have about three more uses left.
- Tarte TarteGaurd 30 [Sample Size] -- My foundation that I packed does have a SPF of 15, but I also threw this into my bag too as it has a SPF of 30. Turns out, I only used this once so I could have left this at home.
- Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste [Travel Sized] -- Uh...I used this everyday.
- Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins [Sample Sized] -- My favorite night-time moisturizer. I redeemed my Sephora points for this last summer, and I've been babying this sample ever since, as it is perfect for those days when my face needs lots of moisture. I used this every night.
- Josie Maran Argan Cleaning Oil [Travel Sized] -- I own the full-size of this product, so this is my go-to evening cleanser and makeup remover [I do a double-cleanse with this some nights]. The oil is on the heaver side, so if your skin doesn't like that you might break-out using this. My skin loves this though, and I have repurchased it.
- Origins Clear Improvement [Travel Sized] -- My favorite non-paper face masks are by Origins, hands-down. I love their masks so much, I threw-out my Freeman clay & peel masks. Anyhow, I ended up not using this mask while in NYC, I thought I might but I just ended up purchasing a Sephora paper mask to use the first night.
- derma|e Purifying Toner Mist -- I used this toner spray daily. I used it when I got off my flights to add moisture back into my face, and I used it morning & night. It is a great refreshing spray.
- StriVectin Advance Retinol Pore Refiner -- I was tempted to leave this behind, but it is honestly my favorite face primer and I love how all of my foundations lay on top of it. I used this everyday.
- Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream [Sample Sized] -- Clinique makes my favorite eye-creams that actually work for me. I used this when I got off my flight in Newark, and in the mornings & evenings.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel [Sample Sized] -- My favorite brow gel, as it is like hairspray for your brows. I ended up using this every-other day, even though I did my brows everyday.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara [Full-Sized] -- The wand on this mascara is my favorite hands-down. I like the formulas of other mascaras, but this wand is what takes my lashes to another level. I used this everyday.
- NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Bound [Sample Sized] -- I ended up only using this one day. Could have left this behind.
- Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Latter [ ] -- One of my favorite eyeshadow primers. I used this almost everyday, so it was worth it.
- Urban Decay All Nighter [Sample Sized] -- I love a lot of makeup setting sprays, this just happens to be the only one that would fit in my bag. I used this three out of the five days. So it was worth it. I also used it to foil my eyeshadows one of the days.
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer [Full Sized] -- I used this everyday. And since my foundation is just slightly too dark, I was able to blend some this into my foundation to give me a perfect color match.
- Tarte Maneater Mascara [Full Sized] -- I like wearing this underneath the Too Faced mascara, as this mascara is easy to remove & I like layering mascaras. I used this everyday.
- Clinique Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer [Sample Sized] -- I ended up not using this at all. Could have left this at home.
- Bath & Body Works French Lavender Hand Gel [Full Sized] -- I used this everyday.
- Nivea Creme -- My go-to hand creme for when my hands are cracked and need lots of TLC.
- Ulta Beauty Eyeshadow Palette -- This is in their beauty bag gift with purchase this year, and I love the shade: Charm all over the lid as a single eyeshadow look. You will need to layer this shadow & wear an eye primer. I used this only once, so I could have left this behind.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light [Travel Sized] -- I used this everyday, even on the day I didn't wear foundation. It is my favorite more "natural" highlighter.
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer -- I thought I might use this as I was using it everyday before the trip, but I ended up not touching it at all.
- LORAC Blush & Highlighter Palette -- Again, I was using this non-stop before the trip, but ended up not touching it while in NYC. Hey, at least it kept my makeup & brushes separated in my makeup bag.
- NARS Blush in Orgasm -- I used this everyday I wore foundation, which was four out of five days.
- Tarte Tartelette Tease Palette -- I adore this little palette. I used this three times, so it was a win in my book.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette -- A great basic eyeshadow palette. I used this on it's own one day, and also used it with the Tartelette palette one of the other days. Honestly, I could have used the shade Naked 2 instead of the Ulta Beauty palette one of the days. Next time.
- Tarte Frxxxtion Stick [Sample Size] -- I used this for the first time on the trip, and it was amazing! It is a cleanser, exfoliator, & mask in one stick. It was perfect to get rid of the dry skin that was building up on my forehead. Even though I only used it once, it was worth it for me. I don't like to slack on my skincare, so I don't mind overpacking.
- Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot -- I ended up not using this on the trip, so I could have left this at home. It isn't because I don't like it, as I have repurchased it, and I am almost done with this compact.
- Tarte Confidence Powder Foundation in Fair Neutral -- I ended up using this powder everyday, over my Soap & Glory one. I love how it feels on skin, and it also adds some extra coverage.
- Anastasia of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brown -- Oddly enough, I didn't use this once. Which is strange as I have been using this almost every day since last Autumn.
- e.l.f. Brow Pencil in Taupe -- Instead, I ended up using this brow pencil everyday. Okay. Guess, I was feeling a pencil vibe instead of powder in NYC. Good thing I threw this in last minute.
So I definitely over-packed when it came to brushes. I like to be prepared, so to me before the trip this was the bare essentials, especially since I had never traveled for that length of time since starting to seriously wear makeup. The last time I traveled for more than two days, I only owned several e.l.f studio makeup brushes.
During the course of the trip, I ended up only using the following brushes & sponge: Real Techniques Powder Brush; Multi Task Brush; Domed Shadow Brush. Wet 'n Wild Crease Brush. Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush. Two It Cosmetics Blending Crease Brushes & their Radiance Fan brush. Luxie 205 Tapered Blending Brush. Sephora Collection Airbrush Sponge.
I ended up not using the following: ULTA Small Super Blender; e.l.f. Ultimate Blending Brush; Japonesque Small Crease Brush; Coastal Scents BR-C-N02; Anastasia of Beverly Hills #12; and Real Techniques Setting Brush & Shading Brush.
Gee Whiz. I brought a lot. This bag was always in my purse and it held my lip products [I oddly forgot to pack a chapstick. How??], band-aids, Sephora mirror, Bumble & Bumble Dry Shampoo, hair ties, and Earth Therapeutics Green Tea Under-Eye Patches.
The lip products I packed & used where: MAC Creme in Your Coffee, Tarte Butter Lipstick in Park Ave Princess, Ulta Beauty Matte Lipstick in Petal, Butter London LIPPY Bloody Brilliant Lip Crayon in Tea With The Queen, and Rimmel London Lip Liner in EastEnd Snob.
Well, I do believe that is everything. I hope y'all found this useful. This is the first time I have done something like this. I always meant to do something like this on my old blog, Bramblewood Fashion, but I would never get around to it. If you like this, I will do this again when I go on a BIG vacation this Autumn with my family for a week.